ENDOCRINOLOGY & DIABETOLOGY
People who have hormonal imbalances, typically resulting from abnormal function of glands or certain types of cancers often require an endocrinology consult. The overall goal of treatment is to restore the normal balance of hormones and metabolism in a person’s body.
The endocrine system consists of several glands, all in different parts of the body, that secrete hormones directly into the blood rather than
into a duct system. Hormones have many different functions and modes of action; one hormone may have several effects on different target organs, and, conversely, one target organ may be affected by more than one hormone.
Some of the more common conditions that our endocrinology clinic specializes in include:
– Adrenal disorders
– Adolescent disorders (lack of growth, problems with puberty)
– Heart problems (high cholesterol, high blood pressure)
– Men’s health (Erectile problems, infertility, testosterone levels)
– Pituitary disorders
– Thyroid disorders (e.g. goiter, hypo– or hyper-thyroidism)
– Weight and metabolic disorders
– Women’s health (menopause, infertility, some menstrual problems)
Our team of Endocrinologists and Internists provide complete, comprehensive care utilizing an apt clinical and laboratory assessment to guide institution of some of the most effective treatment options available.
Consulting Clinics: Mon—Fri: 8am-5pm;
24-hour Emergency (Appointments take priority)
CardioCare Cardiovascular Specialty Hospital
30, Onitsha Crescent, Gimbiya Str, Area 11, Garki, Abuja.